Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Jackdaws!

On 2/3/07 09:10, in article ,
"Muddymike" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Ours have suddenly reappeared but goodness knows where from. Does anyone
know where they go on their holidays?!
They're twitching small twigs off an ash tree as I write this and will no
doubt be bunging up my study's chimney with their nest building again.
I'm
very happy to see them and to hear their chattering and squabbling echoing
down into my fireplace!

I have had guards fitted on the chimneys to stop this, and hopefully stop
the buggers swearing down the bedroom chimney early in the morning.

Mike

Our bedroom fireplace was blocked up some years ago by previous owners so we
get only the faintest echo. The chimney we really had to worry about was
the one into which the Aga flue escapes and that has been fitted with
guards. My study chimney could only be reached by putting up a scaffold and
as that was going to be so expensive we decided that sweeping out the
chimney once a year would cost a lot less! It's difficult to get at some of
the chimneys from the roof here because of the many pitches of the valley
gutters that the gothic nature of the architect inspired!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk