Old 02-03-2007, 03:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Frog and tadpoles

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:33:55 GMT, "MikeCT" wrote:

Soon after completing 'laying' my very small garden pond last summer, a frog
quickly took up residence. It has resided there all through the winter and
today I discovered I have frogspawn, lots of it! As my pond IS so small,
what do I do now? Leave the frogspawn to develop into tadpoles, lots of
them, allowing nature to do what it will. Or remove some of the frogspawn
now? TIA.

MikeCT

All of the above are okay. Unless you have fish.... they should eat some,
but if not enough, the taddies will compete with them for O2 and affect the
water quality. Now if you're soft hearted, you'll get a kiddy pool and put
the cast off spawn in it. Or you could do what many of us crazy people have
done, dig another pond.... just for frogs. ;-)

~ jan www.jjspond.us see lily pond