Old 02-03-2007, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Howard Haigh Howard Haigh is offline

Default Moving A Mature Fuschia Bush?

I would like to move a mature fuschia bush - it's currently causing a
problem when in full growth and in bloom as it's immediately next to my
front path and has to be pruned back constantly during the summer. I don't
know the variety but its pinkish red flowers lasted well into December and
leaves only dropped during the foul weather at the end of January. I have
now cut it back to about 18 inches in height and it's a mass of woody stems
that's over 12" wide in one direction and over 24" wide in the other
direction. Will it take being dug up and split and planted somewhere more
suitable? I live in the Northwest of England.

TIA

Howard