Old 02-03-2007, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Re-grassing

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/3/07 12:35, in article
, "405 TD Estate"
wrote:

snip

The last time I put grass seed down it didn't come through at all - do
you just put it on the surface?

You could try the method my husband always uses here (apologies to other
urglers for the umpteenth repeat!)

I don't claim to be expert in any gardening matters but have had good
results seeding bare bits of lawn by roughing up the surface with a rake,
then sprinkling the seed, followed by sifting a thin layer of soil over the
seed. I have successfully filled many quite large bare areas like this using
cheap grass seed bought from Lidl. When I tried raking the seed into the
earth I seemed to end up raking the seed into clumps which led to the grass
being very thick in places and none existent in others.

Mike