Old 03-03-2007, 04:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default Freezing weather this weekenc

Jimmy Sayavong wrote:

I just finished moving all of my tropical plants outdoor last week.
I am living Dallas, TX area where statically the winter should be over.
However, for some strange reason, I heard on the news that this weekend
the temp will be dropping to near freezing in the morning hours.

Questions: Do I have to be concerned about my plants that are outside?
This is going very short (few hours). Will the plants survive such a short
time
of temp dropped?

Thanks in advance,

JIMMY

Can you drape Xmas lights through/around them? probably enough heat to
give protection from near frost temps, especially if a cover is also used.

Yeah, as said - anything valuable should be brought back in. And I also
read last average frost is mid-march.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)