Old 03-03-2007, 03:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Will Wilkinson Will Wilkinson is offline

Default Jackdaws!

In message , Sacha
writes
Ours have suddenly reappeared but goodness knows where from. Does anyone
know where they go on their holidays?!
They're twitching small twigs off an ash tree as I write this and will no
doubt be bunging up my study's chimney with their nest building again. I'm
very happy to see them and to hear their chattering and squabbling echoing
down into my fireplace!

We have a pair that nests in one of our chimney pots each year - my
favourite Corvid by far. They're such handsome birds and most
entertaining to watch. The only problem was two years ago when one of
the recently fledged young chose the wrong pot to return to and, after
an hour's clattering, ended up in the living room! It was successfully
caught and released, none the worse for its experience - did a good job
of sweeping the chimney as well :-)

Will
--
lancre dot net - The personal domain of Will and Cath Wilkinson.
Send e-mail to news dot will at lancre dot net