Old 27-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Jan Flora

Default Siberian tomatoes? poppy seeds

In article , zxcvbob wrote:

Jan Flora wrote:

Do poppy seeds germinate better if you put them in the freezer for a
little while before planting them?

Jan

Probably. I think you're really supposed to plant them very early in the
spring, so they will get frosted a few times before the ground warms up.

Best regards,
Bob

Okay. I'm in Alaska, so we're in no danger of running out of frosty weather
any time soon. It snowed here the other day.

I was thinking of scattering some seed out where I want it, right now, on top
of the snow, and planting some in six packs in the house, and see which does
best. Then if that all fails, I can buy some 6 packs at the nursery in town
in May : )

Oh, since this is the edible ng, I'm just now starting 'mater seed, peppers
and everything else. It's a little late, but what the heck... Do any of you
guys grow any of the Siberian tomato varieties? I'm going to try a couple
of them. (Stupice, Galina, Aurora, and Sasha's Altai.)

Jan
USDA zone 3