Old 27-03-2003, 12:44 AM
TOM KAN PA

Default What to do about space between prop line & road?

Subject: What to do about space between prop line & road?
From: "Bob Muir"
I just measured my property and I have about 12-16 ft of grass between my
property line (where I'm installing a hedge) and the shoulder of the road.
____Reply Separator_____

Sounds like what towns and boros in Pennsylvania have, "The Devil Strip." This
was the area between the sidewalk and the road curb. You didn't own it, but YOU
WERE responsible for maintaining it. Check with your community to see what you
can or can not do with it. You might put a lot of money and work into a "right
away" and lose it to the municipality digging it up.