Old 03-03-2007, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Species Dahlias

On 3 Mar, 00:42, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes

On 1/3/07 11:47, in article
I like that D. campanulata *very* much.

Oh now I prefer the excelsa, very pretty. David once sent me a HUGE
dahlia, (a Japanese name which I can't recall) It is fabulous very
'weird' and last for ages in a vase.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

I think you mean Tsuki- ytori-no-shisha, White fimbriated Cactus.
It's strange, I've had what I was given to understand was D. Merkyii
but it never got over 18inches, I have just ordered seed to see the
difference as it is supposed to get to around 6ft, also seed of D.
merkyii white.
It would be interesting to try a FEW of your seed as well Janet.
Just wondering if you put a few drops of bleach in the water for cut
dahlias, and for other flowers as well?
David hill