Old 04-03-2007, 11:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

Default RYE grass-

Not familiar with NC, but in our area (TX), Rye is a winter grass and
usually dies off in the heat. We have two kinds of Rye. One doesn't come
back one does. I planted some in the back yard six years ago and am still
trying to get rid of it. It is a nice green in the winter, but it is very
hard to mow. Seems to contain a lot of moisture and tends to clog up under
the mower deck.

Frankly, I wouldn't suggest using it.
Bob
"dyork" wrote in message
When is the best time of year to plant RYE grass? I'm in N.C.
I didn't know whether it was a different time of year than other grasses.

Donna