Old 04-03-2007, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran Gail Futoran is offline

Default Spring pruning and feeding

"Jeffrey L. Kline" wrote in message
t...
Here in the north, we still have snow on the ground and only dim
memories of what our gardens look like with leaves and blooms.
Pruning is often started in late April. Pruning patterns are the
same.

Think of us as you work in your garden. We'll be shoveling snow!

Best Regards

I miss snow. I used to live in Maryland
and although we didn't always get a decent
snowfall in winter, it was something I could
look forward to every couple of years.

Last night here was an overnight freeze with
high enough winds during the day I gave up
doing any more pruning. Tonight should
be another freeze, then next week I'll be
able to start feeding alfalfa tea and continue
pruning.

I'm hoping to move east/northeast in the next
few years. I don't know if I'll adjust to a
shorter growing season but given advancing
age (mid 60s) and arthritis, I expect I'll be
delighted not to have to attend to my garden
9-10 months out of the year, as is the case
here!

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA Zone 8