Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Lawnmower; repair or replace?

The old Victa lawmmover (B&S engine) is about 20 years old. It sill
starts okay, but needs to run for 10-15 minutes before I can open the
throttle[1].

Worth repairing or should I just replace it?

If i replace it, is it hard to self-repair? I'm thinking it might be new
rings to seal worn cylinder, etc and am wondering how difficult that is
to do for a single cylinder engine? Probably use it as a home made
generator/battery charger.

[1] Not a problem if I just want to take the top off at the higheast
setting.