Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
22brix 22brix is offline

Default Spring pruning and feeding

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"22brix" wrote in message

You must be in a cooler micro-climate. I'm
surprised your roses aren't as far along as
mine, since you're in a warmer zone. But
this has been a really weird winter for most
of the USA. I've heard the USDA is going
to redo the hardiness zone map again.
Could be interesting to see where we all
end up!

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

This has indeed been a very strange winter for us. It was very cold in
January, cold and clear, a couple of weeks where the night temps were in the
mid-teens (almost unheard of here). This was after several weeks of
unusually warm weather. The roses are really confused. Usually it's wet
and rainy, with colder clear days occasionally. Our pipes coming out from
the well froze, so no water for a couple of days. The joys of country
living! Our roses are frequently further along than this.

Bonnie