Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Lawnmower; repair or replace?

Jonno wrote:
Re mower.
Is it a four stroke or two stroke?

4 stroke.

If you have to ask if you can repair it, it is too hard.

I've always been impressed by the simpleness of older lawn mower
engines, and my engine knowledge says there isn't anything complicated
under the head. Between, lawnmowers, mulcher and chain saws, I've
stripped down and cleaned everything but, so if it was a write-off then
there wasn't going to be anything to loose and I might learn something.

If it was going to be like a car engine where it needed a rebore and new
pistons then TAFE can have it for their scrap bins.