Old 05-03-2007, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob Hamadi Rob Hamadi is offline

Default Shredders - Bosch vs Ryobi.

On Mar 5, 7:36 am, "Rob Hamadi" wrote:

Snip

Thanks all. Opinion seems to firmly favour a quiet shredder, rating
"cog type" crush and cut models higher than screw type. Which means a
Bosch 2200HP, a Ryobi RSH2455 or a high end ALKO.

Price wise, the cheapest I've been able to find is the Ryobi - so
that's what I'll get, if ebay is kind to me ;-)

Incidentally, I found the following page very useful in gaining a
better understanding of the mechanisms involved:

http://www.fredshed.co.uk/boschshredders.htm

--
Rob