Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] nobody@junk.min.net is offline

Default Fish & Frogs

In , on 03/01/07
at 06:08 PM, "Reel McKoi" said:

I'm always looking for toad tadpoles in the spring, but I haven't found
anyone to bring any to me. I can't go out and catch them by myself (wish
I could.)

====================
We have toads here every spring. After they breed in the ponds and plant
tubs they leave. The young toads leave the water and leave also.
Sometimes I spot one under the hosta leaves on the north side of the
house. Sometimes one or more will be in the cool shade under one of the
porches. Only some green frogs and bullfrogs stay around the ponds all
summer long. --

I'm in Maryland, and I want the native species of toad. I know they'll leave the pond area when grown up, but I'll know they're in the woods, and the neighbors' yards, and some should return the following spring to mate.

I long for my pre-disabled days when I could go hiking and catch whatever I wanted. I had no pond then - the pond is a post-disability thing (a neighbor put it in for me.)

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21