Old 06-03-2007, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Oz[_3_] Oz[_3_] is offline

Default Trying to find Baltic (Russian) Gooseberrys...

On Mar 1, 9:52 pm, Jan Flora wrote:
In article .com,

"Oz" wrote:
Does anyone know a place to start to look. Google doesn't seem to
lead me to anything useful. I am interested in the HUGE gooseberrys
that I found in Latvia, Estonia, and western Russia. They are about
3/4 to one inch across and turn red to almost black when ripe. They
have a sweet, yet comfortably tart flavor.
Thanx to anyone who might know where I may find more information.

cheers

oz, deep in the Ozarks

Try http://www.onegreenworld.com

They sell lots of bush fruits from Russia, etc,
including seven different cultivars of gooseberries.

Another source of fruits that aren't common in the US
is Raintree Nursery. Their shipping is a tad high, but
they have stuff that's hard to find anywhere else.

http://www.raintreenursery.com

Best Wishes,

Thanx. The first one looks promising.

oz