Old 06-03-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Tree moving question

Many years ago I tried to move a few wild dogwoods off a vacant lot
out back to my front yard. I recall a big tap root. Only one, that I
dug fairly deep to get most of root survived. May be best to just cut
it down. I also had a couple of dogwoods out back that got shaded
over the years and had to be cut down.

Frank

This one is directoy north of a huge pine tree, and does not get much sun.
Here is a pic of it:

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2007/...s/DSCF8093.jpg

The tree on the left shades it most of the day, the tree on the right shades
it later in the afternoon. It's not really a very robust tree. I'm not that
much in love with it, cutting it down sounds better and better. I've planted
a dozen trees already, loosing one won't upset that balance of things in my
overgrown yard.