Old 06-03-2007, 06:51 PM posted to aus.gardens
len garden len garden is offline

Default Lawnmower; repair or replace?

g'day jonno,

yes after many years as a mower mechanic i have seen the disasters of
the home handymand trying to DIY a mower problem, there is a modicom
of expertise required and trying to disassemblre/reassemble from a
manual may not be all that easy either. very often waht could ahve
been a simple repair adjustment by an experienced person the DIY
repair can be quiet disasterous in its end result.

and for me of course trying to help someone over this medium is all
but impossible because i aint there hey? right now my machine needs a
diaphram but me not particularly wanting to do the job right now or
anytime real soon can make the mower work beyond the problem.

i wouldn't be too worried about valve guides, that too with the right
equipment/workshop tools can be done at home and even after buying the
tools still be done cheaper than paying for it. but valve guides have
realy got to be bad before you would even consider doing anything
about them.

yes many pitfalls in putting a carby back togehter but in the end
there are still only 2 ways for the backyarder the wrong way (common)
and the right way (hardly ever). and the funny part once they stuff it
up and bring it into the shop we then become the culprit in their
minds because they often ahve to pay again for the aprt they messed up
trying to fit plus the extra bits like stretched and misshappened
springs etc.,. etc.,.

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:30:22 +1100, Jonno
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len