Old 06-03-2007, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Rhododendron transplanting question

I have a large rhododendron in my yard, maybe 12 feet tall, and spread about
5 feet. Because of the location, I had to remove it, so I cut it back to
about 3 feet tall and dug it out. I have, sitting in my back yard, the
remains - a root clump about a foot or so in diameter, and a half dozen 3
foot branches sticking up. I'm thinking of removing all but 3 branches, and
planting it. Any guesses as to whether it will survive this?