Old 07-03-2007, 05:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
Liam Liam is offline

Default Pickled chillies?

"meeee" wrote in message
*Phew* Brave souls....DH likes 'em hot, I don't...but I looove mild sweet
chilli sauce, so if anyone knows how to make one, chuck the recipe this
way

I made some sweet chilli sauce with some very hot thai chillies out of my
garden last week. It's quite hot for a sweet chilli sauce, but it would
just depend on how spicy your chillies are, and if you add the seeds (I
did).

I made the recipe up as I went along, and didn't measure anything, but can
give you a rough idea.. It turned out great anyway.

About 10 Chillies - chopped fairly finely
2 Cloves of Garlic - chopped
3 Cups of White Vinegar
2 Cups of White Sugar
1/2 - 1 Cup of Water
Desert Spoon of Salt

Over a low - medium heat, put the all of the ingredients (except salt) in
the saucepan.

Stir regularly and let it reduce until you get to the required thickness.
Add the salt to taste at the end. You can turn the heat up to get it to
reduce faster, but you will need to constantly stir it to stop it from
burning on the bottom.

I was constantly adding vinegar / sugar and water to try to get the right
taste. The amounts that I've given above are about the amounts that I used.

Give it a go, the results are worth it.

Liam.