Old 07-03-2007, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Can I plant a hedge here

On 7 Mar, 12:33, "Muddymike" wrote:
Another gardening question I am afraid. Having finished clearing the ivy I
mentioned last week I am left with a wee problem. I want to plant some
laurel hedging to fill in the gaps in the existing hedge but have uncovered
these steps.http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10028?sort=5

If I use rocks to raise the level from the bottom step, then infill over the
steps with soil I will end up with about 18 inch deep soil at the point
where I want to plant the hedge. Does the collective wisdom think my new
hedging plants will be ok with that? Or do I have to start some very heavy
step demolition first.

Mike

I would be inclined to get a good crowbar and lift the 2nd, 3rd, and
4th steps and use thwn to form a wall t5o hold the soil in, then fill
with soil and plant your hedge.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries