Old 07-03-2007, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Can I plant a hedge here

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 7 Mar, 12:33, "Muddymike" wrote:
Another gardening question I am afraid. Having finished clearing the ivy
mentioned last week I am left with a wee problem. I want to plant some
laurel hedging to fill in the gaps in the existing hedge but have
uncovered
these
steps.http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10028?sort=5

Mike

I would be inclined to get a good crowbar and lift the 2nd, 3rd, and
4th steps and use thwn to form a wall t5o hold the soil in, then fill
with soil and plant your hedge.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Hmm, sounds like I shall have to enlist a bit of help from my son, the old
back does not like the sound of good crowbar work these days. Particularly
as these steps are built form what appear to be old concrete railway track
supports. I did try lifting one with a pickaxe and they are B heavy.

Mike
www.farend.org.uk