Old 07-03-2007, 09:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Epidendrum medusae

"SuE" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 01:08:27 +1100, "John Varigos"
wrote:

There have been a lot of hybrids posted on ABPO during the last few weeks
so
I thought I'd post a few species photos from the last Orchid Species
Society
of Victoria meeting here in Melbourne.

This is a lovely Epidendrum (also known as Nanodes medusae) from Ecuador.
just love that frilly lip.
~John

Love the close-up. So often we see the 'raft' of this. It is a
delightful lip. Now who can hybridize it out on something bigger...

I know John that is a not allowed word. But that lip is a temptation
for someone who can only dream of making something with it.
SuE

Heh, put it on Rhy digbyana...

K Barrett