Old 08-03-2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Tree moving question

The bigger the better. Prune all roots injured by hand with a sharp tool.
prune them like the end of a straw. Straight accross. Crushed roots
(woody) lead to deacay.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
news
I have a dogwood tree that is about 15 feet tall with a trunk of 5 inch
diameter. I would like to move it, but I'm not sure I can without killing
it. How big of a root ball would you think I would have to dig up to move
it without killing it?