Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Epidendrum medusae

Now, now SuE, I don't mind hybrids - just not in my collection. I have to
admit I do have a few hybrids - mainly phalaenopsis that my mother has
bought. She has realised that they are better value than cut flowers. She
even now knows not to cut off the old flower spike as it may rebloom. Once
they finish flowering she brings them over for me to "phally sit" until the
next flowering when she reclaims them.

Cheers

John

"SuE" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 01:08:27 +1100, "John Varigos"
wrote:

There have been a lot of hybrids posted on ABPO during the last few weeks
so
I thought I'd post a few species photos from the last Orchid Species
Society
of Victoria meeting here in Melbourne.

This is a lovely Epidendrum (also known as Nanodes medusae) from Ecuador.
just love that frilly lip.
~John

Love the close-up. So often we see the 'raft' of this. It is a
delightful lip. Now who can hybridize it out on something bigger...

I know John that is a not allowed word. But that lip is a temptation
for someone who can only dream of making something with it.
SuE