Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Marutchi Marutchi is offline

Default Staghorn Frond

Wendy7 wrote:
Barbara, I am noticing the green colours in your pictures? They
are very deep in shade. Now I have a new monitor, new computer with
Vista O/S. Different Video card & I am wondering if it is my
equipment & maybe my monitor needs adjusting?
The Vista Photo Gallery (editing/viewing etc) stinks!!
I am not just picking on you & yours, it's just that I know the
colours of the Staghorn.

There are so many variables Wendy, such as the light when I took the photo,
it was in deep shade, with bright light to one side and also your monitor
can make it look different. On my monitor the colour looks about right given
the light at the time the photo was taken.
If you've just acquired an LCD monitor, you may need to adjust the
brightness and contrast. When I bought my first LCD monitor, I was just
about ready to through it out the window, I just couldn't seem to get it
adjusted correctly. The difference in colour/brightness between it and the
CRT monitor on my spare computer, were very noticeable. I've recently bought
another LCD monitor for my spare computer and once again it took me several
days and lots of fiddling with colour charts and calibration charts, to get
it just how I wanted. that's not to say I have it correctly set up, what
looks about right to me, may show up different to other people. I do know
that when I have prints ( I don't print myself, I get them done at a lab.)
made of my photos, the colours and the brightness/contrast of the prints
seem to match up pretty well with how the photos look on my monitor.