Old 10-03-2007, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Sturdy Greenhouses

Malcolm writes
Having lost a glass glazed greenhouse in a storm 8 years ago (and found
shards of glass scattered over the garden 30 feet or more away), I
replaced it with a twinwall polycarbonate glazed greenhouse which
lasted pretty well, finally giving way on New Year's Eve when it blew
over in winds which were gusting in excess of 85 mph. Some of the
sheets of polycarbonate disappeared out to sea! It was attached with
clips to a metal frame concreted into the ground. I've now purchased a
greenhouse of the same size (6'3" by 8'5") which I can bolt to the
same frame, which stayed put, and am expecting at least 8 years life
from it :-)

Nice to see you back. I was thinking earlier today that we hadn't seen
you in a while.
--
Kay