Old 10-03-2007, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mel[_8_] Mel[_8_] is offline

Default Sturdy Greenhouses

"Dave Hill" wrote :
I'm in the process of buying a small greenhouse. I'm looking for a very
sturdy frame because it'll be put in a windy location - the frame on my

Polycarb cladding is a lot lighter than Glass and has a better
Why not put up a fence or a wind break a few feet away to keep the
worst of the wind off the greenhouse.

Thanks for your reply, David. My greenhouse is in the only possible
location in my garden and, although there is a fence a few feet away, we're
exposed at the top of a hill so the fence isn't much help. I'm thinking
that polycarb might be more bendable so less chance of it breaking if the
greenhouse frame flexes.