Old 11-03-2007, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Hellebores Help Please

"Charlie Pridham" wrote

They are famous for not liking being moved, so like peonies will take
awhile to settle. Its why the nice ones are so expensive, splitting
clumps is not an options so most are f1 hybrid seedlings (i.e. seed
that gives a consistent outcome) which means hand pollination.

This is worth knowing since I'm about to plant some more. Most things in
my garden seem to shift home once or twice at the very least!

Do the posh hybrids set seed worth keeping at all? My father was
complaining the other day that he hadn't found any seedlings under the
ones he planted last year. Perhaps they germinate later?

--
Sue