Old 27-03-2003, 03:22 AM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Use of the word "behen" in names

In article ,
writes

This exactly why I asked my question. I found 20 plant names all with
"behen" as the second part of the name (a latin name being the first
part). Have had no luck finding the meaning of behen in these names.

As it's from a Persian or Arabic (or Turkish) word behmen or behman,
your best bet would be to find a dictionary of one of those languages.
It seems to be obscure enough that you'd need a big dictionary from a
reference library. You could also try a Complete Oxford English, as the
word seems to have been used in English.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley