Old 27-03-2003, 03:22 AM
janet.bennett

Default Salix Caprea Pendula? (Weeping Pussy Willow)

Last year I purchased a type of small weeping pussy willow tree from
Morrisons, but unfortunately the specimen I purchased wasn't brilliant. I
thought perhaps it would send out new growth this year, but sadly hasn't
done so. Any advice please : I know the tree will not grow any taller, but
will the cascading part of the plant fill out? Is this the type of plant
that suitable for pruning, and if so, when? How far do I prune back etc.
Will pruning encourage new shoots etc. and will they cascade down? Very
much in the dark about this, please can someone help me. Thanks