Old 27-03-2003, 03:22 AM
Iain Miller

Default Atco Rear Roller Rotary Mower

"Douglas Hageman" wrote in message
om...
Thank you for your previous replies & emails.

Before I buy the Atco Viscount, (I plan on it Thursday as it'll take
at least a week to get to the states.) I was wondering if anyone could
tell me how those rear rollers are going to fare on lumpier
no-where-nearly-as-nice-as-your lawns.

Plus we have a grade - will the rollers do the job pushing the mower
up the grade?

Depends on the grade! How steep is it?

Also I was told (admittedly some years ago) that grades can be serious life
shorteners for 4 stroke mowers - most of them work on the basis of splash
up lubrication.....stick it on a serious grade for long periods of time &
the oil all collects at one end of the sump & the things don't work quite as
they should in the lubrication department! This may be why another poster
has suggested always working across the grade.

This is also not a "feature" of Atco mowers - it would apply to just about
any 4 stroke machine with the std Briggs/Handa/Tecumseh engine on it I think
although I may stand corrected on that!

I.