Old 12-03-2007, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Advise on courgettes growing

Des Higgins writes

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 12 Mar, 11:09, "Des Higgins" wrote:

I would keep well away from garden centres for the plants, one near us
was charging £1.75 for one tomato plant last year and £1.50 for a
marrow plant.

I agree it is exorbitant compared to planting yer own seeds but I did it
this was for teh past two years out of pampering myself as it simplified
seed sowing at a busy time of year. They certainly grow easily from seed.

But it'll cost you at least that for a packet of seed, and if you only
want one plant....

Agreed, you can save the packet of seeds and plant another next year and
another the year after that.

--
Kay