Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams Dick Adams is offline

Default This is just a test

Several years ago two attornies posted an advertisement to
all newsgroups. Instead of increasing their client base,
they became the first spammer. My guess is a 1992-1994
timeframe. Right after that Usenet posted the first set of
guidelines (not rules) of netiquette. Flaming, spamming,
and the posting test messages to alt.test were at the top
of the list. ISP's distributed to all users once and to
all new users. Maybe they now include it in their "Terms
of Service", but how many people read them?

Unfortunately I have no idea where to find them so I
understand that you were never aware of them.

If "admonish" means I thought you were wrong for being
harsh with someone who pointed out that alt.news was
the appropriate place to post test messages, then yes
I did. If it means I was being harsh, then no I didn't."

Dick