Old 10-03-2007, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
one one is offline

Default This is just a test

This is just a test of a new mail program.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

one wrote in news:ab29a$45f3104a$4ffc7f4$20978
@DIALUPUSA.NET:

This is just a test of a new mail program.

It failed. Your test should have appeared in alt.test.

Puckdropper
Old 11-03-2007, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
one one is offline

Puckdropper wrote:
one wrote in news:ab29a$45f3104a$4ffc7f4$20978
@DIALUPUSA.NET:

This is just a test of a new mail program.

It failed. Your test should have appeared in alt.test.

Puckdropper

Hey Pucker,

Please post YOUR set of rules as to how we, the unwashed masses, are to
use the electronic media. I found that my new mail program worked
perfectly in that it caught you as chief nit-picker in charge.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

one wrote in
:

Puckdropper wrote:
one wrote in
news:ab29a$45f3104a$4ffc7f4$20978 @DIALUPUSA.NET:

This is just a test of a new mail program.

It failed. Your test should have appeared in alt.test.

Puckdropper

Hey Pucker,

Please post YOUR set of rules as to how we, the unwashed masses, are
to use the electronic media. I found that my new mail program worked
perfectly in that it caught you as chief nit-picker in charge.

The reply was supposed to be a somewhat light-hearted way to direct you
to post any further test messages in one of the test groups. There are
some groups that don't need the extra noise of test messages.

Puckdropper
Old 12-03-2007, 04:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

This is just a test of a new mail program.

It failed. Your test should have appeared in alt.test.

Hey Pucker,

Please post YOUR set of rules as to how we, the unwashed
masses, are to use the electronic media. I found that my
new mail program worked perfectly in that it caught you
as chief nit-picker in charge.

You post to the wrong place and then you flame a reasonable
person for pointing that out to you? Since there is no
value in name-calling, nothing more need be said.

Dick

Old 12-03-2007, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
one one is offline

Puckdropper wrote:
one wrote in
:

Puckdropper wrote:

one wrote in
news:ab29a$45f3104a$4ffc7f4$20978 @DIALUPUSA.NET:

This is just a test of a new mail program.

It failed. Your test should have appeared in alt.test.

Puckdropper

Hey Pucker,

Please post YOUR set of rules as to how we, the unwashed masses, are
to use the electronic media. I found that my new mail program worked
perfectly in that it caught you as chief nit-picker in charge.

The reply was supposed to be a somewhat light-hearted way to direct you
to post any further test messages in one of the test groups. There are
some groups that don't need the extra noise of test messages.

Puckdropper

Pucker,
First of all, I picked the LEAST used newsgroup that I subscribe to and
your reply to me did not sound very light-hearted as you thought it
might be, it sounded more like an admonishment. If there is an
established set of rules for the newsgroups please point me to them,
heck, sometimes I even follow the rules.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
one one is offline

Dick Adams wrote:
This is just a test of a new mail program.

It failed. Your test should have appeared in alt.test.

Hey Pucker,

Please post YOUR set of rules as to how we, the unwashed
masses, are to use the electronic media. I found that my
new mail program worked perfectly in that it caught you Dick,

Did you just admonish, "flame", me??? Just post me the rules and I may
follow them.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

one wrote in
:

*snip*

Pucker,
First of all, I picked the LEAST used newsgroup that I subscribe
to and
your reply to me did not sound very light-hearted as you thought it
might be, it sounded more like an admonishment. If there is an
established set of rules for the newsgroups please point me to them,
heck, sometimes I even follow the rules.

Welcome to Usenet. Here's a couple rules:

1. You do your own research here. If you've got Usenet access, you've
almost certainly got web access. You want real rules, you do the search.
2. Text loses it's emotion, so sometimes messages don't carry the message
they intended. Remember that not everyone has the same sense of humour
as you do so what they thought was cute or light hearted may, to you, but
rough and rude.
3. You have the right to a kill file, just as I do.

Puckdropper -- Not "Pucker"

Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Several years ago two attornies posted an advertisement to
all newsgroups. Instead of increasing their client base,
they became the first spammer. My guess is a 1992-1994
timeframe. Right after that Usenet posted the first set of
guidelines (not rules) of netiquette. Flaming, spamming,
and the posting test messages to alt.test were at the top
of the list. ISP's distributed to all users once and to
all new users. Maybe they now include it in their "Terms
of Service", but how many people read them?

Unfortunately I have no idea where to find them so I
understand that you were never aware of them.

If "admonish" means I thought you were wrong for being
harsh with someone who pointed out that alt.news was
the appropriate place to post test messages, then yes
I did. If it means I was being harsh, then no I didn't."

Dick
Old 16-03-2007, 07:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:07:58 -0600, one wrote:

This is just a test of a new mail program.

Did you know there are groups for testing your software? If you use test
groups, then you won't look like you don't know what you are doing.

stonefish

Just a test d Bonsai 1 25-06-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] Just a test Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 25-06-2003 08:44 PM
just a test, please ignore tcomeau sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:25 PM
Test test Al Zymer United Kingdom 1 14-03-2003 08:44 PM
Just a test Jerrymander United Kingdom 0 11-01-2003 05:40 PM