Old 13-03-2007, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Hellebores Help Please

On 13/3/07 09:54, in article
, "Sue"
wrote:

snip

Thanks chaps. I've got a few of my own potted up from last year but
shall have a go with some more and see what they all turn out like.
P'raps my father's plants will provide seedlings this time around. I
wonder if could have been the mild winter that led to no germination of
seedlings for him? They are only coming up to their first year in his
garden but were good strong nursery grown beauties. He says he hasn't
weeded any out in error.

Some years ago a knowledgeable gardener suggested to me that growing
hellebores on top of a wall or bank was a nice idea. Then one can look up
into their pretty centres and appreciate them all the more.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk