Old 13-03-2007, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Advise on courgettes growing

On Mar 12, 6:31 pm, "Dave Hill" wrote:
But it'll cost you at least that for a packet of seed, and if you only
want one plant....

Agreed, you can save the packet of seeds and plant another next year and
another the year after that.

--
Kay

If you have Aldi or Lidl near you they do seeds for around 30p a
packet and they sell a nice round courgette (or Zucini) I like to
leave a few to form marrows as they are great when making stuffed
marrow for 1.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

I grew those very ones two summers ago ina nice full sun location, and
they fruited magnificently for me - too much so, as the neighbours
started running as fast as they could any time they saw me...
I grew some "normal" shaped ones last year in a part-shady spot, and
whether that was the problem, or whether the poor summer weather did
not agree with them, I got almost nothing (1 finger size courgette,
eaten raw there and then).

Cat(h)