Old 13-03-2007, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Disapearing posts

In message .com, Dave
Hill writes
Is it just me?
Over the last few days I have posted several replies to threads and
have been told they have been sent, yet they never appear on the
board.
Why?

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

UseNet is not a perfectly reliable medium; posts get lost once in a
while. (It's happened to me on occasion, and on other occasions the post
has got out to the world, but not come back to me.) Posting via Google
Groups, judging by comments elsewhere, is not the most reliable of
methods. (Google tells you that they have been sent when they go into a
queue on Google's servers, and there's several opportunities for them to
be lost before they appear in my newsfeed.)

Advice sometimes given is to cut and paste your posts into a text file
(or compose them there in the first place) until you have confirmation
that the posts have gone through.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley