Old 14-03-2007, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Squash

On Mar 14, 5:04 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
ginger wrote ...I have a smallish veg plot that I am currently planning and preparing.
We generally eat a fair amount of Butternut squash - so I am thinking
about having a go growing them, or another squash variety.
Anyone got any experience with cobnut ? Is it vine or bush ? How much
space will each plant take up ?

Butternut Squash are vines and do run about quite a bit, grew them years ago
with great success, trying them again this year. Take up about the same
space as a normal sized pumpkin.

--
Regards
Bob H

I grew them last year, also in East Angia, Norfolk. They were a great
success. I kept some seeds and I have planted these in the greenhouse
today.

My favourite way of cooking them is to roast them, like parsnips,
delicious. I wanted a squash soup recipe and I found one yesterday on
another group.

Judith