Old 14-03-2007, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Blackbird chicks

On 14/3/07 19:36, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 14/3/07 17:55, in article
,
" wrote:

On Mar 14, 5:52 pm, Sacha wrote:
The man who cuts our grass told us today that, in one of the other
places he
goes to, he has found a blackbird nest with hatched chicks in it!
--

I don't know anything about birds, but there is a nest above our front
door with little blue eggs in it. The mother or father goes mad when

Sounds like a blackbird but you'd know, of course. Ours don't seem to be
nesting yet but we had two males going hammer and tongs in a greenhouse
today - they're incredibly fierce when they get going!
--

I saw a blackbird collecting twigs today, I assume this means nest building,
and therefore no eggs yet, let alone chicks.

Steve

I know. It sounds extraordinary but this man is working in gardens all the
time and is a countryman. If he says blackbird chicks I'm inclined to
believe him. Whether the poor little things get through the next few weeks
is another matter. ;-(
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk