Old 15-03-2007, 02:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default lawns

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
6.121...
"JoeSpareBedroom"
:

"symplastless" wrote in message
To winterize
or
not to winterize lawn

"Winterize your lawn", the big sign outside the garden store
commanded. I've fed it, watered it, mowed it, raked it and watched a
lot of it die away. Now I'm supposed to winterize it? I hope it's too
late. Grass lawns have to be the stupidest thing we've come up with
outside of a thong swimsuits! We constantly battle dandelions,
Queen's lace, thistle, violets, chicory and clover that thrive
naturally, so we can grow grass that must be nursed through an annual
four-step chemical dependency.

I hate changing the lawn's oil every autumn.

I hate the lawn... period. If I had my complete say about it; I would dig
it all up and have a giant flower garden.

Michael - thinks grass is a parasitic nuisance

It's also the biggest cause of chemical pollution in this country now.
Farming's no longer at the top of the list. Chemical-heads will prefer not
to believe this, though.