Old 15-03-2007, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default lawns

Just a word of caution. If you have turf about your trees its important to
know that the grass roots grow deeper than the non-woody absorbing roots of
trees. Dig out the turf roots and the absorbing tree roots go. We suggest
to cut the turf low and place mulch on top. more on mulch under mulch at
www.treedictionary.com

or

http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Cearbhaill" wrote in message

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message news

I hate the lawn... period. If I had my complete say about it; I would
dig
it all up and have a giant flower garden.

I did.

--
Toni
South Florida USA