Old 15-03-2007, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Compost trench.

On 15 Mar, 15:19, "La Puce" wrote:
On 15 Mar, 14:51, (Carol Hague) wrote:

Thanks, but I'm really not keen on using chemicals if I can avoid it -
should have mentioned that to begin with, but I forgot - apologies.

Me neither. I've got a scarecrow (this year it's a girl as we replace
scarecrow's head every 2 years on average). This year she's got big
googly eyes. This must help, don't you think? ;o) I've found our
trenches messed with many time in the past. I find huge bones
appearing over night too and someone or something must be wrestling
with the old carpet. I think we need to live with it. I don't fill in
trenches anymore - my broad beans love OM and we don't like runner
beans. One always needs to compromise and give a little bit back to
nature as well.

Armilitox is sold as a garden disinfectant, an upmarket version of
Jays fluid.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries