Old 15-03-2007, 11:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
asdfa asdfa is offline

Default Lawn mower edger help Please

Thanks for a reply,

So the lawn mower has a primer bulb, but as far as I remember it never had
worked -- you would squeeze the bulb and find that it had no resistance...no
gas being sucked in. I took apart the carburator and cleaned it well. But
the lawn mower will only start like I said once one puts a few drops in the
carburator with the valve open.. then it will die. As for the edger the gas
did sit inside the edger for a few months, then i replaced it with fresh gas
about a week ago. The spark plug is new on the edger the air filter is
clean, it has no primer bulb. And once again when i put gas straight into
the carburator with the manual choke open it starts and then dies. They are
both Briggs n Stratton
Hope this help a little more.
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
asdfa said:

So I have a regular push lawnmower.

Brand? Model?

The only way i can get the lawn mower
to start is to directly syphon gas out with a hose and put a few drops in
the carburator.

Has it been sitting all winter with gas in it? Has the gas been sitting in
a can all winter, waiting to be used (even a portion of it)?

Then the mower will start for a few seconds until it drinks
up the few drops of gas and it will dye. So I bought a new one because I
couldnt fix it.

What did you try, to fix it?

Now my push edger is doing the same thing. It will only
start when i directly put gas into the carburator and will run for a
second
or two until the gas it gone.

Again, is the gas old?

How long since you've changed the spark plug, or cleaned/regapped it? How
long since you've cleaned/replaced/reoiled the air filter? Gas filter?

I dont want to have to buy another edger just
because of the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. HOW do i fix this?

The information you've given is pretty vague. I'm not so sure I know what
you mean by a "regular lawnmower". There are literally hundreds of push
mowers, and dozens of engine manufacturers for them. Some have priming
bulbs for cold starting, some have manual chokes, and some have both.

Most edgers that I've had are two stroke. Is yours, not?

The lawn mower service people charge to much.,.

More than a new one? I doubt it. There's nothing wrong with taking it to a
shop, once a year, to get it ready to go for the season. Especially if you
don't really know what you're doing, as far as maintainence goes.

Thanks Please post towards group.

Good. That's kinda the way the USENET works.

not my valid email.

Most aren't, save for fools.

--

Eggs

Can atheists get insurance for acts of God?