Old 15-03-2007, 11:34 PM posted to aus.gardens
The Lady Gardener The Lady Gardener is offline

Default transplanting a tree fern

I have a tree fern that is about 5 years old, poor thing has struggled for
all 5 years as I planted it in full sun, and the recent days of 42+ have
really convinced me that it was ill-sited!

Do these things have a big root system? Is there a right & wrong time to
move them? Or should I just adopt my usual method of move it which involves
a shovel and crossed fingers, with the words of care "live or die".

Joanne in Perth