Old 16-03-2007, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default wild fruit

On Mar 16, 1:25 pm, "Des Higgins" wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

In article , Des Higgins
writes

Hi Anne:
I agree with all of that (cuttings for gooseberries and wild rasberries
not
worth the hassle) but I have a silly question and you seem good at
cuttings:
can you propagate rasberries by cuttings? Digging up canes seems the
usual
method but I have a couple of plants that I would like to turn into a
dozen
as fast as possible and cuttings seem faster in that case?
Des

Blimey haven't you got runners about three foot from the plants? I've got
them on every plant and have to dig them up to keep them in a line, they
all have roots on.

No runners yet. We ordered 20 canes for planting a year ago and only 3 took
(they possiblly were too long in postage). Those 3 only have a couple of
canes and I wanted to use those to make more plants. I guess I could just
be patient :-).

Des

If you want to come and dig up my small few runners, you're welcome to
do so any time you are passing through Kildare.
(And no, this is not a naughty offer to come unearth my last pair of
Nike)

Cat(h)