Old 16-03-2007, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default wild fruit

On Mar 16, 3:30 pm, "Des Higgins" wrote:

there is great scope for gardening innuendo and even (excuse my French)
double entendres.
All tose fruiting bodies etc. etc.

Gasp!

I guess my rasberries will sort themselves out as soon as the plants take
off.

You'd better believe it. I too greedily planted about 10 plants 2
years ago (I adore raspberries), and I've been busy ever since
plucking up those "runners" - some such distances away from the plants
themselves taht at first I thought they had seeded courtesy of some
blackbird or gust of wind - but no, you could dig up the entire
"runner" all the way to the main plant.
Still, they are worth the hassle.
Be sure to put a taut cage around them, if you really want to eat a
few rather than give them all to the birds. Don't net, the birds get
caught in them.

Cat(h)