Old 16-03-2007, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Primula Francesca

I ordered 3 Prim Francesca from Bloms bulbs on 3rd March, together
with some dahlia tubers.
Today I found a box dumped outside an old caravan I use for storage in
the car park, and partially behind some old corrugated sheets, the box
was dated 8th March.
Great job by the carriers.

It's a good job we haven't had frost in the last few days.
The P.Francesca were in 4inch square pots, they look a bit battered,
but should survive, they had been well packed (at the price they were
they should have been)
When I phoned the firm I had some half wit girl who only seemed to be
able to say "Well, all right" over and over again, she finally said
she would speak to their horticulturist, and would note the delay in
transit and I should contact them again if the plants did not pull
through.
Very poor attitude.
Their website is http://www.blomsbulbs.com/catalog/catalog.cfm
David Hill