Old 17-03-2007, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default wild fruit

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article Des Higgins writes

Hi Anne:
I agree with all of that (cuttings for gooseberries and wild rasberries
not
worth the hassle) but I have a silly question and you seem good at
cuttings:
can you propagate rasberries by cuttings? Digging up canes seems the
usual
method but I have a couple of plants that I would like to turn into a
dozen
as fast as possible and cuttings seem faster in that case?
Des

Blimey haven't you got runners about three foot from the plants? I've got
them on every plant and have to dig them up to keep them in a line, they
all have roots on.

No runners yet. We ordered 20 canes for planting a year ago and only 3
took (they possiblly were too long in postage). Those 3 only have a
couple of canes and I wanted to use those to make more plants. I guess I
could just be patient :-).

If I know raspberries, no doubt they'll be trying to strangle you in your
bed in a couple of years time.